COC Amsterdam e.o. is not a subsidy-providing organisation but, if the financial means allow it, makes an annual amount available for external initiatives in the field of LGBT emancipation in Amsterdam and the surrounding area. In response to the COVID-19 crisis, we are making an extra amount available in 2020 (with a possible extension to 2021).
The following criteria apply to be eligible for a grant from COC Amsterdam:
- The initiative falls under the general objective of COC Amsterdam and has a link with at least 1 of our substantive work fields: Meeting people, Empowerment & Welfare, Advocacy & Safety, or Education.
- The grant of COC Amsterdam is a maximum of 1,000 euros, but is preferably a substantial part of the total budget.
- Regular operating costs are not funded. Note: this condition does not apply to COVID-19 support.
- The board of COC Amsterdam meets once every three weeks and activities are in principle not funded retroactively; so apply in time!
- Where applicable, COC Amsterdam e.o. will be named as partner / donor in publicity around the proposed initiative.
- After the activity, COC Amsterdam will receive a report of the initiative, preferably including images.
Applications for a grant can be form-free, but provided with a budget and coverage plan, to be submitted via email@example.com.
The board will determine, at its discretion, whether a proposed initiative meets the above criteria and, if so, what amount will be made available by COC Amsterdam. Meeting the above criteria does not automatically mean that a right to a grant is created, this will always be assessed by the board.